Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ask Me If I Care

America’s fourth estate has fallen so badly since the hay day of the Watergate era that all facts about the obscenity and atrocities of our War on Terrorism are ignored in favor of the "mishandling" of the Koran at the Guantánamo Bay gulag.

The Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld junta is a shameful disgrace for all Americans, and these men are war criminals; no better than Osama bin Laden and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Yet when a holy book is desecrated, ask me if I care. There are far more important issues at stake.

Do you think I care that a copy of the Koran was mistreated when an American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't care.

I'll start caring when bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia.

I'll care when al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling, slashed throat.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

When I hear that a prisoner is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home